Combating Black Mold
No homeowner wants black mold, but do you know what it is? Black mold (also known as Stachybotrys) likes to grow in damp areas and is often seen around condensation or pools or stagnant water inside. These spores come into your home by windows, small openings or tracked on personal items and clothing. While most molds in your home aren’t dangerous, this variety can cause illness if ignored.
Risks Behind Black Mold Exposure
Black mold is a poisonous fungus with spores. Symptoms include chronic sneezing, eye, nose and throat irritation and rashes. Other symptoms include chronic fatigue and persistent headaches. Nausea, vomiting and bleeding in the lungs and nose occur in the most serious cases of long term exposure.
More about Mold
Black mold grows quickly, so you should never postpone calling a professional to inspect for mold growth. They can go ignored for weeks, and then appear virtually overnight.
Once mold produces colonies in your living space, it immediately breeds and discharges toxins that make life unpleasant for residents:
- Mold emits a pungent, musty odor that stops rooms from smelling fresh.
- Mold wreaks havoc on allergy-sensitive individuals, as well as those with asthma, causing a physical reaction.
- Mold can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
- Mold toxins can trigger long-lasting inflammation and ongoing cold-like symptoms.
- People with weakened immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare cases, mold toxins can cause neurological problems or even death.
- The more prolonged the exposure, the more severe the danger.
Unusually humid homes and offices can be vulnerable to mold infestations even if no water damage has happened. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an skillful opinion right away.
If you want to eradicate mold, the setting where it prospers must first be eliminated. Water sources have to be dealt with, and any residual moisture must be thoroughly dried out. Only then can mold removal and remediation start.
Whether a leaky roof, burst pipe, or other entry point, it isn’t enough to curtail the tide. Moisture can drench hidden portions of your home. Without proper cleanup processes, mold will keep returning to these spots.
If you suspect your home may contain black mold, contact Paul Davis today. We safely test and confirm the presence of black mold before treatment. Depend on our specialists to eliminate black mold quickly. Keep your family safe, call for an inspection for black mold today.