Does your family know what to do in the case of a flood, fire, storm or other disaster to your home or community? Unfortunately, many families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency takes place, there is a great chance you will not all be together. For this reason alone, making a family plan is so very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis is here to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a designed to allow you to enter detailed information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Just download the Paul Davis Emergency Family Plan PDF file (link below) and fill out the sections in the document with your family’s information. Save it, print a copy for each family member and email copies to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
It is important for families to have a supply of water, food and other necessities in case of emergencies. Paul Davis highly recommends preparing an “Emergency Ready Kit” and keeping it in an accessible place. It is recommended that your kit contain at least the following items:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for a minimum of 3 days
- Food – minimum three-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make it a point to know about the disaster plans for your employer, school, community, etc. Know where the closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure everyone in your family knows how to get there on their own. Rehearse and review your plan with your family at least twice per year.
It is very important to have a plan in place so your family will be better prepared in dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. Here at Paul Davis, we want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our community. Please download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by water, fire, mold, storm or any other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form