Get a Plan in Salisbury, MD
Does your family know what to do in the case of a flood, storm, fire or other disaster in your home or community? Sadly, most families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency takes place, you most likely will not all be in the same place. This is why creating a plan for your family is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis is here to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a template that can be easily customized and designed to allow you to enter personal information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. The process is simple. Download the PD Emergency Plan PDF file and save to your computer. Complete the blank sections in the document with information pertaining to your family.. Then, just save it, print a copy for each family member and email a copy to relatives and friends.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should plan to have a supply of food, water and other essentials in the case of emergencies. The staff at Paul Davis highly recommends preparing an “Emergency Ready Kit” and storing it in an accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for a minimum of 3 days
- Food – minimum 3-day supply of non-perishable food
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make sure you are aware of disaster plans with your community, schools, employer, etc. Be aware of the closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Memorize your plan with your family at least two times a year.
It is important to have a plan in place so you and your family can be better prepared when dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. We at Paul Davis want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our friends and neighbors. Please take a moment to download and complete a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, water, storm, mold or any other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form