Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can see it or not, there is a good chance mold is in your house. Mold is a part of nature, although the strain of mold that is found in your home or property can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores migrate through the air and enter structures through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also enter a home on clothing, shoes, and pets. It can be nearly impossible for you to stop mold infiltrating your residence. You should be worried as mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to consult with that can advise on the species of mold present is priceless. Pair that with an expert that can develop the optimal way for treatment and execute the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential emergency restorative services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement Services
When Paul Davis performs an investigation on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is the initial step in what can be a long project. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best working with a company who specializes in all aspects relating to the process. Paul Davis provides mold remediation and removal services in addition to basic mold inspections. Mold will cause damage to your home on top of major health issues to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, can negatively affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through the environment it’s found in, this means the longer it goes without treatment in your residence, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can correctly identify the types of mold growing in your property and effectively handle treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 general families of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in individuals who suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic microbes.
With the multitude of molds that can be found in structures, having an expert to diagnosis and inspect the extent of their spread is crucial to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis will aid with making your house healthy and free from the most insidious molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold that thrives both outdoors and indoors. It can be discovered in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. It is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly located in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This large spore mold deposits in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor mold easily enters homes. It grows in overtly moist, porous environments such as wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor strains bring about asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces airborne toxins at a high level, fortunately is the least common household mold. It requires excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing issues, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of moisture such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. It’s a powdery mold that grows in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out light brown or pink in color then deepens to dark brown-black the older it is. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, responsible for skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold is found in houses after a flood or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a cottony texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown over time and has a musty odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold grows in both warm and cold environments and migrates quickly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts adversely with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – This mold is commonly located in a home’s soft goods and thrives and migrates in cold temperatures. A reddish strain is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then progresses to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It grows in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, textiles and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is nearly always located in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
Call Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might know or suspect you have mold in your house call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation services necessary to eradicate damaging mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.