How to Clean Up Smoke Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a house. However, there are many elements of fire, such as smoke and soot, that are just as harmful. Your home and possessions can be overtaken by the smell of smoke and walls can be damaged by smoke soot. A fire can have catastrophic, extreme effects both to your family and your house.
At Paul Davis, we understand that your precious possessions and memories are at stake. That’s why our fire repair technicians are here to help. Each Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us immediately. We’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damage to your house.
Smoke Damage Can Be Cleaned Up
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your building. Small-scale flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t act quickly. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your AC to stop smoke from spreading.
- Put large fans by open windows and doors to fan out the smoke.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could cause stains.
- Clean hard surfaces with a rag.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls, while using a vinegary spray to get rid of stains.
- Clean every item in your home that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
Our Smoke Restoration Process
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing soot repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your building has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our fire remediation services. Our specialists are specialized in high-quality smoke repair cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage removal costs. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life immediately. Call the smoke cleanup and fire remediation services professionals from Paul Davis at (410) 219-9160. Our experts connect you with the franchise closest to you.