The Harm of Water Damage
Water damage can be very hard to detect by the untrained eye. If you need professionals that are experienced in water damage, turn to Paul Davis. We can tackle any amount of water damage at very reasonable prices. If your home sustains unexpected water damage, don’t hesitate to call Paul Davis immediately. However, every homeowner needs to have the skill of detecting water damage. There are preemptive steps you can take to evade water damage on your property. The key to water damage repairs are prevention.
What Causes Water Damage?
What’s the best way to beat water damages? By preventing it completely. That’s why it’s important to be constantly on the lookout for the signs of water damage. This means finding the time to inspect home appliances that use water. You can never be too careful. Here are a few causes of water water damage:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
Water Damage Prevention
There’s nothing worse than experiencing water damage on your property knowing you could have stopped it. Don’t let this happen to you. Do the following to prevent water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
Has your home experienced water damages? Don’t wait. The longer you wait, the worse the damages will become. Call Paul Davis at (410) 219-9160. Your local Paul Davis professionals will come to your home as soon as possible. No matter how extensive the damages, Paul Davis will handle it.