How Can I Clean Up Fire Damage?
We all know how damaging fire can be in a home. However, many people don’t realize that fire has other harmful elements. The smell of smoke can overwhelm building materials and personal belongings and walls can be stained by soot. A fire can have deep-rooted, devastating both to your family and your house.
The technicians from Paul Davis understand any damages to your precious keepsakes can be disheartening. That’s why as fire restoration experts, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. Each Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can. We’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your house.
How to Clean Up Fire Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your home. If you don’t act quickly, smaller kitchen fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your HVAC system.
- To push out smokey air, move large fans towards open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could cause stains.
- Use a rag to clean hard surfaces.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean every household item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
Does your home have smoke damage? Let the experts handle it. The technicians from Paul Davis a variety of soot repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Trust Paul Davis
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. Our fire restoration services will get your home back to normal sooner rather than later. Our professionals are highly-trained in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning services and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration costs. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke remediation services technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll help connect you with the franchise closest to you.